What does it mean to achieve consistent mastery over the month-end close?
It means working together efficiently and effectively to close the books with a high degree of accuracy and confidence. Finance teams that master the month-end close are able to shorten their close cycles by as many as five days. And they are able to do so with fewer headaches and less stress.
During this Webcast, cloud accounting expert and "40 Under 40" in the Accounting Profession Blake Oliver will share best practices for, as well as his own experience with, achieving mastery over the month-end close. You will learn:
- How to hire, inspire, and retain a multi-generational workforce that can effectively work together on a modern accounting team,
- Best practices for designing processes that align disparate teams and data to improve the close process, and
- How to leverage the latest technologies and tools to streamline your financial close.
After attending this Webcast, you will be able to:
- Understand what it takes to attract, hire, and retain employees with the skills and attributes that characterize effective modern accounting teams,
- Apply best practices for improving the close process,
- Recognize the business impact that the financial close can have on your organization, and
- Gain a broader understanding of the different types of technologies and tools a finance team can use to improve the accuracy and efficiency of the financial close.
About the Speaker
Blake Oliver, Senior Product Marketing Manager, FloQast
Blake Oliver is an entrepreneur, accountant, writer, and speaker who specializes in cloud accounting technology. In 2016 and 2017, Blake was named among the "40 Under 40" in the accounting profession by CPA Practice Advisor. He is the Senior Product Marketing Manager with FloQast and the Editor of Cloud Accounting Weekly, an on-line publication for controllers and accountants using cloud technology to improve efficiencies and make their jobs more strategic and impactful.
In 2012, Blake founded Cloudsourced Accounting, an on-line bookkeeping service with a mission to disrupt the business models of traditional CPA firms and freelance bookkeepers. The firm was an early adopter of cloud accounting apps such as Xero, Bill.com, and Expensify, which enabled Blake's staff and clients to collaborate 100% remotely. Within three years, Cloudsourced Accounting was a team of twelve serving approximately 200 customers spread across the United States. HPC CPA, formerly Harshman Phillips & Company, acquired Cloudsourced Accounting in 2015. After taking time off to finish his CPA exams, Blake joined Armanino LLP, the largest California-based accounting and consulting firm, where he worked as a Manager on the Outsourced Finance & Accounting team.
About the Moderator
Joe Fleischer, Editorial Director, Finance Channel, Argyle Executive Forum
In his role as finance channel editorial director with Argyle Executive Forum, Joe Fleischer focuses on developing virtual events on topics that reflect the primary concerns and priorities of senior finance executives. He is based in New York.